Saturday 19 November 2016

Kanye West booed on stage, stoned with shoes for saying he would have voted Trump

Kanye West took a political stance during a concert in San Jose Thursday night, and the crowd wasn’t exactly receptive. He was booed by fans and stoned with shoes when he revealed that he would have voted for Republican Donald Trump.
West told the crowd during a stop on his Saint Pablo Tour in San Jose, California that while he didn’t vote in last week’s election, if he had cast a ballot it would have been for President-elect Donald Trump.
"I told you I didn't vote, right?, he asked the crowd.
"But I didn't tell you If I would've voted, I would've voted on Trump."
He added that he loved Trump's style of debating.
West said he was a fan of Trump’s campaign and he wanted to come out in support of him before the election but was told not to.
"I hate the fact that because I'm a celebrity everybody told me not to say I loved the debates. I loved his approach," he added.
According to attendees, some in the crowd started to boo the rapper and some actually threw shoes and other articles of clothing towards the stage.
West has a history of being outspoken politically. At a telethon for victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, West famously slammed President George W. Bush, saying he didn’t “care about black people.”
West has also said he would run for president in 2020. 

No comments:

Post a Comment